Wok Pagoda, Mom Tri’s sister restaurant, is located on the highest peak of the hill between Chalong and Kata and offers a beautiful ambience, delicious asian fusion food, friendly, attentive service and a indescribably magnificent panoramic view that overlooks the entire Chalong Bay with its marina blustering yachts and the islands. In addition, Wok Pagoda also has a bar that serves delicious tapas with drinks.
The Wok Pagoda menu is a creation of two food lovers and cooks, Mom Tri and Chef Tammanoon. The dishes are a fusion of Thai, Asian and western recipes. Central to their creative effort is a charcoal grill, an ancient way of cooking not only for the Thai people but particularly, the Japanese in which the freshest ingredients are cooked to retain their taste and quality. With this sensibility, dishes are passionately invented and beautifully presented with the hope that all will be savored and enjoyed at the table.
About Wok Pagoda’s Executive Chef
Khun Tummanoon was the former Executive Chef of “The Boathouse Wine & Grill (now rebranded to The Boathouse Phuket)” during the Glory years. He started The Boathouse Cooking Classes, mainly as a way of attracting low-season guests. Over the years, numerous appearances as Guest Chef and participation in Thai cooking exhibitions in Asia and Europe made Chef Tummanoon one of the most sought after Chefs in Thailand and prove his established position as an expert Gourmet Chef. Already an accomplished Chef of French cuisine, Chef polishes his skills regularly during stays in France at several prestigious Chateaux of the noted Grand Etapes Françaises Group (Chateau De Gilly, De l’Ile and Le Prieure, De Divonne and Les Mas D’Artigny).
Su-Mei Yu, a famous owner of 2 Thai Restaurants in San Diego (USA) published on “The Cook’s Cook”
(a Community of Cooks, Food Writers & Recipe Testers) the Wok Pagoda’s Pan-Grilled Pork Chop recipe.
About Wok Pagoda’s Wine Cellar
With over 750 labels is the winner of the Wine Spectator Award of the Best of Excellence. This institution, being the wine industry’s most prestigious and foremost authority on wine, has awarded us with their highest compliment for eight consecutive years since 2004. Wok Pagoda invites you to indulge and taste the wines in their collection, starting with wine-by-the-glass in which they regularly rotate 18 different labels of wine at one time for your discovery and pleasure.
Dinner review Wok Pagoda:
We arrived for our test dinner shortly before sunset and started with 2 cocktails while watching the breath-taking sunset and listening to the smooth Jazz Live Music. We tried “Kata Noi Lemonade, THB 290++” and a classic “MaiTai, THB 260++”. Both cocktails tasted great and been presented nicely.
Then we ordered the following Wok Pagoda starters:
- “Phu Chan” – a wafer tower layered with succulent and locally-sourced crab meat and garnished with basil and pesto dashes (THB 280++)
- “Chef’s Signature Salad” – fresh greens, crisp apple slices, tossed with fresh herbs & grilled mushrooms topped with soft-shell crab, smoked salmon & walnuts drizzled with Chef’s secret dressing (THB 680++)
Followed by these Wok Pagoda main courses:
- “Goat Curry” – my only comments “one of Phuket’s most famous and tasteful curry I ever had (THB 490++)
- “French Ambassador’s Favorite Coq au Vin” – chicken sautéed and then stewed in red wine with onions, mushrooms, and seasonings (THB 680++)
The dishes have been paired with a lovely Red Wine “Intriga, 2010, THB 2500++)” which matched perfectly with the food and the ambiance. The total bill was around THB 7’600, which sounds expensive, but based on the experience you get it’s great value for money.
All in all Wok Pagoda belongs certainly to one of the Top 20 Restaurants in Phuket, highly recommendable as it offers beautiful ambience, delicious Asian fusion food, friendly, attentive service and an indescribably magnificent panoramic view.
Wok Pagoda Restaurant Information
- Distance From Bismarcks Paradise:42 km (60) minutes
- Distance From Central Phuket:13 km (30) minutes
- Price Range:300 - 1500 THB
- Number of Tables:40
- Opening Hours:12:00 - 23:00
- Address:32/78 Moo 4, Rawai, Muang Phuket 83130
- Telephone:+66 (0)76 608 899
- Website:Website from Wok Pagoda Restaurant
- Facebook:Facebook from Wok Pagoda Restaurant
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- TripAdvisor Reviews from Wok Pagoda Restaurant
- Comments:Wok Pagoda belongs certainly to one of the Top 20 Restaurants in Phuket, highly recommendable as it offers beautiful ambience, delicious asian fusion food, friendly, attentive service and a indescribably magnificent panoramic view. Food: Service: Ambiance: